Please support me by downloading this text file from here or here -or- just follow this link to Play-Asia Thanks!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Projects - October



With my PDF walkthrough for Tales of Vesperia 95% completed, Stephen Ng of IGN has assigned two new games for me to cover. The first one is the Xbox 360 game first-person shooter, Legendary.

As far as I have read and seen, Legendary will pit you against mythical beasts that have been released from the infamous Pandora's Box. We have already fought aliens, mutants, terrorists and Nazis through FPS games so this is like a breath of fresh air to me. Will humans and their technology prevail against the beasts of mythology? Me wants to shoot some griffins!


About this game:

Legendary tells the story of Charles Deckard, an art thief who is duped into stealing Pandora's Box. When he opens the box, he releases hordes of beasts thought to be fictional -- werewolves and gryphons and all means of beast and demon -- into an unprepared modern world. A full scale war between man and myth begins, and it is quickly complicated by the actions of powerful secret societies. As the person responsible for releasing this terror, Deckard's unwittingly become the only person capable of containing it once more and saving civilization from being destroyed by the terrifying creatures of the box.






The second game I'll need to write a walkthrough for is Star Ocean: First Departure. I have been a fan of the Star Ocean series. I even remembered finishing Star Ocean: 2nd Story for about 9 times back in the Playstation days. Originally, I was about to cover Valhalla Knights 2 but since I am really short on time (I am still half finished with my Tales of the Abyss walkthrough) I just declined it. I am glad that I found a working screenshot plugin for my PSP custom firmware version 4.01M33-2, so I can write up a PDF guide than the traditional text format I originally planned.


About this game:

Space Date 346: The crew of a Terran Federation ship arrives on the planet Roak. With the help of a stalwart band of local heroes, the crew must work together to unravel a mystery and halt a galactic war.

First Departure is a remade version of the very first Star Ocean, created anew with with 3D graphics and CG cutscenes. Initially released toward the end of the Super Famicom's life cycle, and never before localized for North America, the origin of the Star Ocean series receives a total makeover for the PSP system. Additional scenarios and characters, integrated 2D and 3D graphics in the style of the PS one game console sequel, fully animated movies, and other bonus features transform the game into a completely new experience.



Progress Report
I was planning to give myself a writing "holiday" until my next projects but I can't stop writing for some reason. *sigh*. I started playing Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for the DS early this week and I am currently writing a simple walkthrough for it. I'll be releasing it soon enough.



As for Tales of Vesperia, I am currently converting it to text format. I am only doing it during the weekends, that may explain why its taking a long time to release it.


That's all for now. Laters!

~~Paul Vhayste

No comments:

Post a Comment